Hi there! Thanks for your curiosity 👋
Are you an experienced People & Culture addict, looking for an exciting challenge to build up a new global HR organization from scratch? Then let’s scroll this down!
We are looking for a CHRO to lead-serve our People and bloom our Culture.
The CHRO is responsible for determining and providing leadership in developing and executing human resources strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, and compensation. The CHRO is responsible for leading and managing employee communications, employee relations, policy development, legal compliance, risk management, compensation, and benefits. The CHRO is responsible for nurturing, shaping, and sustaining the overall company cultural strategy for the company.
The CHRO will work closely with executive leadership to make culture a strong component of the company’s overall business strategy.
Who we are
The retail industry across Latin America is worth 2 trillion dollars annually. Hence, to ensure growing sales and market share, brands and retailers spend billions of dollars each year to send thousands of workers to complete tasks like stocking shelves, fulfilling and delivering e-commerce orders, and building displays. Our technology provides brands and retailers with a solution for all these. To date, over 4,000,000 tasks have been completed by Zubaleros for brands & retailers via our platform across Mexico, Colombia, and Costa Rica.
We're looking for people with an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for building. This is a rare opportunity in Latin America to work with a well-funded startup with exponential growth. Our founders are Harvard Business School graduates with deep consumer expertise at Walmart and P&G across Latin America, India, China, and Africa and we continue building our leadership team to accelerate our business.
Who you are
You are a non-stoppable, people-oriented, dynamic, collaborative leader who provides innovative custom approaches to employee engagement, culture, human resources, and talent management across the organization. Reporting to the co-CEO, you will drive vision execution and position the company for rapid scale. You will define, lead and optimize all aspects of our Global People activities.
What You Will Do
- Develop comprehensive recruiting and retention plans to meet human capital needs.
- Drive succession planning process throughout the organization to quickly prepare the team for new levels of responsibility, ensure a talented bench and a pipeline for talent mobility.
- Develop comprehensive compensation and benefit plans that are competitive.
- Deliver corporate messaging through various communication vehicles/tools that effectively articulate company strategy encouraging company engagement and driving desired performance.
- Develop and maintain HR processes related to onboarding, discipline, and termination.
- Develop HR budgets.
- Act as a company champion and change agent by anticipating HR-related needs and delivering value-added services for the benefit of employees.
- Drive compliance training in partnership with legal counsel.
- Provide objective input and guidance to employees at all levels of the organization including career development and company relationship issues.
- Guide managers and employees in resolving relations issues by providing effective conflict resolution and coaching, handle employee relations investigations.
- Evaluate, create, and maintain policies and procedures for effective management of the people resources of the company.
- Develop and mentor a team of People members; working as a strategic partner to in-house counsel.
- Develop and implement DE&I strategies.
- Lead the development of a talent philosophy for the company, including what we value, what we measure, and a consistent process for how we assess, deploy, monitor, and retain talent. Introduce innovative and business-appropriate talent strategies.
- Lead the learning and development function with a focus on improving company effectiveness as well as career development and the employee experience overall.
- Identify and guide the implementation of training programs.
- Oversee development and maintenance of a comprehensive safety program to drive safety and risk management strategies.
- Provides management support in the identification of potential risks throughout the organization.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on HR issues and legislation (federal, state, and local) that have a potential impact on the business.
- Oversee Worker's Compensation claims
The skills and experience you will bring
- You have 10+ years of progressive leadership experience in HR overseeing a variety of human resource disciplines and 5+ years in a senior-level HRO position.
- You have knowledge of Latin America´s startup environment
- You speak Spanish, English, and Portuguese (desired)
- You have a track record of managing 500+ employees organization
- You have experience in multi-unit or retail space for a fast-growth, scaling business at a transformational point in their journey.
- You have recruited people and built an HR and Talent team for a global company
- You have experience working in the startup ecosystem
- You have a deep passion for people and culture and a strong instinct for translating business goals to people's needs.
- You develop meaningful and trusting relationships with the leadership team and employees.
- You are a proven leader for diversity, equality, and inclusion and have experience incorporating across all programs and initiatives.
- You appreciate both the art and science behind the company’s activities and can think both strategically and tactically, setting the vision as well as executing plans.
- You thrive in fast-moving environments, have a strong track record of adapting to change and leading others through ambiguity.
- You geek out on tech solutions that support business needs
- You might have experience integrating company culture and going through IPO
- You might have experience with M&A