Software Engineer - Backend (Profit)
What we're looking for
We're looking for people with an entrepreneurial spirit, and passion for building new and different projects. This is a rare opportunity in Latin America to work with a well-funded startup with exponential growth. Our founders are Harvard Business School graduates with deep consumer expertise at Walmart and P&G across Latin America, India, China, and Africa. Our company is backed by top investors in Silicon Valley and we currently have over 12,000 users in Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, and Brazil, helping brands and retailers.
The Backend Software Engineer is responsible for optimizing for speed and stability and curating the structure of the server/service-side components. The day-to-day consists of optimizing servers for speed and stability, implementing security structures, generating reusable code libraries, and generating data storage solutions. They will work with peers on teams dedicated to areas of the product. They work together with product managers, designers, data engineers, and frontend engineers to solve common goals.
- Develop features and improvements for different products in a secure, well-tested, and performant way.
- Collaborate with Product and Data teams and other stakeholders (Frontend, UX, etc.) to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance.
- Solve technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment.
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team ("technical debt"), propose and implement solutions.
- Assist troubleshooting product operations, security operations, and urgent engineering issues.
- 3+ years delivering software in an agile environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, equivalent degree or experience.
- Expertise in any programming language (Node, Elixir, Scala, Java, Go, Python, etc) but willing to expand his knowledge by learning a new programming language (we use Elixir extensively).
- Experience compiling and analyzing data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Experience on improving performance and optimization of backend services.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving and verbal and written communication skills.
- Good communication skills (in English).
- Committed to improving themselves and the team.
- Work remotely.
- Competitive Salary and benefits.
- Fast track development if goals are met.
- Chance to work with an amazing team to build a platform that helps people find a foothold in the digital world.