Data Analyst, Sr.
What we're looking for...
We're looking for people with an entrepreneurial spirit, and passion for building new and different projects. This is a rare opportunity in Latin America to work with a well-funded startup with exponential growth. Our founders are Harvard Business School graduates with deep consumer expertise at Walmart and P&G across Latin America, India, China, and Africa. Our company is backed by top investors in Silicon Valley and we currently have over 12,000 users in Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, and Brazil, helping brands and retailers.
The Data Analyst is responsible of helping the organization to make better business decisions, using techniques from a range of disciplines, including computer programming, mathematics, and statistics, providing valuable conclusions to describe, predict, and improve business performance.
- Work with companies of varied sizes and industries to build data models, create compelling visualizations, and embed them in their own applications.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets by developing, maintaining and proposing data mining techniques
- Collaborate on designing and managing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Support the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Provide technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- Develop and use tools and techniques to visualize data in easy-to-understand formats, such as diagrams and graphs
- Teach developers, end-users, and admins about platform best practices for data modeling and analysis, and train end-users on new reports and dashboards.
- Identifying and recommending new ways to optimize costs by streamlining business processes
- Working with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities with the data engineering team
- Support Data engineering team on delivering to the customers' insights into basic strategies for database architecture and ETL pipelines.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of relevant data analysis professional experience in any vertical
- Strong experience with visualization development tools such as Tableau, Looker, or any other.
- Intermediate SQL skills - both in query development and performance tuning
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- Strong Ability to translate data into valuable business insights and design the proper data visualization
- Ability to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks.
- Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies is a big plus
- Understanding of addressing and metadata standards.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Merchandising/retail/wholesale is a big plus
- External contractor role
- Work remotely
- Competitive Salary and benefits
- Fast track development if goals are met
- Chance to work with an amazing team to build a platform that helps people find a foothold in the digital world