General Manager Andean Region (Colombia, Peru & Costa Rica)
Build our success story in Andino (Colombia, Peru, Costa Rica)!
The retail industry across Latin America is worth 2 trillion dollars annually. Hence, to ensure growing sales and market share, brands and retailers spend billions of dollars each year to send thousands of workers to complete tasks like stocking shelves, fulfilling and delivering e-commerce orders, and building displays. Our technology provides brands and retailers with a solution for all these. To date, over 4,000,000 tasks have been completed by Zubaleros for brands & retailers via our platform across Mexico, Colombia and Costa Rica.
We're looking for people with an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for building. This is a rare opportunity in Latin America to work with a well-funded startup with exponential growth. Our founders are Harvard Business School graduates with deep consumer expertise at Walmart and P&G across Latin America, India, China and Africa and we continue building our leadership team to accelerate our business.
As we continue to grow our team in Latin America and accelerate our business in Andino, we need a highly skilled individual that can work independently and have passion for selling and winning. We are looking for an experienced General Manager that can work multi-functionally to exponentially grow our business in Andino. In this role, you will work directly with our CEO of International, and you will create and lead our sales and operations teams in Andino. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the future of work, last mile delivery, gig economy and improving life quality for the emerging middle class.
- Lead Andino's business: Own the P&L and be accountable for hitting growth, operational and financial targets
- Develop market strategy to fiercely compete and win
- Improve operations efficiency: Identify key areas to improve productivity, reduce costs, and increase margin
- Be hands-on: solve complex operational, comercial and organizational problems
- Brand ambassador for Zubale: Manage public agenda, including PR, Legal, partnerships
- Talent magnet: Lead recruiting and development of Colombia teams. Develop and mentor your team members.
- Partner cross-functionally: Collaborate with Finance, Product, Tech, HR, Legal, Marketing to ensure timely resolutions and process feedback.
- +12 years of work experience including sales and operations
- +4 years of experience managing a large group of leaders and driving to impact
- Hyper-growth experience managing in very fast growing environments
- Learning agility, making mistakes opportunities and growth
- Rigorous, analytical and data-driven decision making capabilities
- Excellent team player with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience solving complex problems, exercising good judgment in decision-making
- Demonstrated experience thriving in ambiguous environments
- Out-of-the-box thinker who will find creative ways to hit growth targets
- Proven ability to influence without authority
- Lead with vulnerability and humbleness
- Capacity to influence cross-functionally to make your market successful
- Self-motivated, energetic, and driven individual with the ability to learn new skills and grow within the role
Nice to have
- Previous startup experience
- Competitive Salary and benefits with a large variable component (based on results)
- Generous vacation and paid time off
- Partial remote work
- Fast track development if goals are met
- Chance to work with an amazing team