Data Engineer Sr.
What we're looking for...
We're looking for people with an entrepreneurial spirit, and passion for building new and different projects. This is a rare opportunity in Latin America to work with a well-funded startup with exponential growth. Our founders are Harvard Business School graduates with deep consumer expertise at Walmart and P&G across Latin America, India, China, and Africa. Our company is backed by top investors in Silicon Valley and we currently have over 12,000 users in Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, and Brazil, helping brands and retailers.
The Data Engineer is responsible for optimizing, developing, and innovating different processes and workflows that will ensure we deliver comprehensive, clean, and reliable data that enables valuable business cases for our customers. It is expected from the Data engineer to advise on data best practices and having the technical expertise to manage the underlying BI infrastructure to support it.
- Responsible for development, operation, and maintenance of data and analytics processes and tools;
- Responsible for creating conceptual, logical, or physical data models and testing designs;
- Develop and implement data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize efficiency and quality of data.
- Build flexible and streamlined data environments, automated pipelines. and process flows using multiple open source tools
- Fulfills day-to-day data needs of management and other data users across the organization;
- Integrates data from various sources. Designs approach to gain new insights and predictions out of existing data;
- Develops algorithm/business models to identify patterns of data e.g. root cause analysis, data-driven decisions, predictive analysis;
- Build and maintain a trusted relationship with our internal customers having a good understanding of business needs and challenges;
- Ensure transparency and consensus by continuous communication and active expectations management with all Stakeholders;
- Provide clients insight into basic strategies for database architecture and ETL pipelines.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years working as a data engineer, with Apache airflow experience or a similar workflow management platform.
- 2 plus years working within an enterprise data lake/warehouse environment or big data architecture.
- Experience with batch or streaming tools/platforms such as Kafka, Flint, Spark, etc.
- Experience with Kubernetes and virtual environments is a big plus.
- Extensive experience with data engineering tools, languages, frameworks to mine, cleanse, and explore data.
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools is preferred (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc).
- Familiarity with data needs for Machine Learning and AI is preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Flexible and open to new tasks, willing to learn permanently.
- Excellent team player attributes combined with a proactive approach and a 'can-do' attitude.
- Enjoys collaborating with other engineers on architecture and sharing designs with the team.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication.
Nice to have...
- Experience selling products/services for brand and CPG companies.
- Previous experience working for a fast-growing startup.
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools is a big plus (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc).
- Work remotely
- Competitive Salary and benefits.
- Fast track development if goals are met.
- Chance to work with an amazing team to build a platform that helps people find a foothold in the digital world.